Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Welcome to Me

I am absolutely positive that a lot of people who decide to read this find it tedious to go through long blocks of text and complex sentences, no matter how much they matter.  So maybe by pointing this out, I will keep readers  through the first paragraph and all the way into the introduction.  I certainly hope so anyway.

Through the small amount of time I have been on this Earth, I have realized that writing introductions are an art all in themselves.  People who read the content after an introduction usually do not care for it, while those that read the introduction usually do not care for the content.  But I do not claim to be a master of content or introductions so it is rather foolhardy for me to introduce this.  But here I go.

This blog is about one very broad subject - social psychology.  Simply put, what will be posted here are my observations of the world, any observations, of any given subject.  Social psychology has given me that luxury - to observe and analyze the way people act and react depending on the situation.

But I am simply a teenage boy, like my title implies.  I cannot say that my word is gospel, or that my observations and analysis is the correct one.  But human nature grants the wonderful ability to have freedom of thought - to think and not be judged for it.

At least, until I start posting those thoughts.  Then the public is has its own right to judge those ideas.

But back to the point of this blog, I will be covering my ideas on how people act and why they decide to act that way.  The reasons, the results, the reactions and the far-reaching consequences are all concepts which I will attempt to cover, depending on the post.

Of course, I will not always go through all of that, nor will I attempt to.  I only want to write clearly and honestly.  And I hope that, if only for a second, I will manage to get people to listen, think and feel.

The fantastic English writer Oscar Wilde wrote over a century ago that "All words are quite useless."  I will prove this to be an exception to the rule.

17 comments:

  1. Jobel,

    As a blogger, you should certainly write with a lot more confidence! Just because you're a teenager doesn't mean your opinions and views are automatically moot or worthless!

    I have always been curious as to how legitimate "sub-conscious" thoughts are. Is there a portion of our brain that processes ideas and thoughts and manipulate ourselves in a way we don't realize? Maybe you can shed some light on this topic and just how much our sub-conscious really controls our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea of your blog is very interesting as it's a topic that most people don't usually address. Well, at least not purposely I think... Maybe your blog will point things out in a different light for your readers. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jobel, I am quickly impressed. Keep bloggin and i'll keep reading okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jobel,

    I could already tell that the way you think is more on the epic side than most kids your age. I could tell right away that your blog will be one to follow up on and I plan on doing exactly that. After all, we both know The Importance of Being Earnest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this topic is very interesting because most of the time we only hear adults talk about social issues. The fact that your blog will provide a different perspective is something I look forward to.

    Just to piggyback off what Kevin said, this is YOUR blog, so there's no need to write "I do not claim to be a master of content or introductions so it is rather foolhardy for me to introduce this." Be more confident. This is your space voice your opinion and not have to worry about people trying to stifle your message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jobel,

    I LOVE your blog topic. Most teenagers are not interested in social psychology, so it's good to see a variety of subjects in the blogging world. I will constantly check back to read your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jobel,
    I like to read about social psychology. I am fascinated about human nature and how most people act. In another words, I like reality. Sometimes it is just hard for people to accept who they are (I have experience with those kind of people.) I will often get annoyed by the way how someone act. I am looking forward to read your future posts! I bet I will agree with most of your criticism.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jobel,
    You certainly are a different kind of person-- in a unique way. Not many people like to address this topic for blogging. Your introduction was different than most and I like it. I am definitely more interested in reading this. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kyle,

    This is why we're friends. You're not like other teenage boy I know. You're different, but in a good way. I thought I already know much about you, but apparently I don't. I hope I'll get to know more about you through this blog. Harmattan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello

    It will be interesting to see if it doesn't fall under general stereotypes and cliches. Perhaps Starcraft should be brought up more frequently, as starcraft is a way to peering into the mind of a of an adolescent boy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think how your topic is not something that a typically teenager would write about. It would be nice to here about social issues and the views of the world from the perspective of a teenager rather then an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Micaela. Your blog isn't the typical teenager! Haha. it's okay you're your ownself and this is what YOU write about, not a typical teen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jobel,
    Are you sure you're a typical teenager? I didn't ask that in a bad way if it seems so, but your outlook on things are rather deep and quite unique! I am curious to learn about certain behaviors and or habits people develop and why they do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jobel,

    I agree with Carmina. Your outlook on things is quite impressive and I think it's rare when you find someone who does. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your topic is very interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great writer you seem like a very deep person.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And oh does any great man want to help others listen, think, and feel. It is the one goal that could apply to all humanity, but only a small audience is achieved. For this i applaud you for taking this on full heartedly. If you are even able to change one person's view and ability to analyze life through a polished lense, you Sir will be a great success and the world will be better because of it. Please do continue this blog.

    ReplyDelete